Sini Haapalinna (1975/Helsinki)
is an interdisciplinary live artist who’s work is based on continuous exploration of embodied experiences of space&time, creative collective processes and art&sci practices. She uses mixed media & transdiciplinary approach to create immersive environments and athmospheres for live situations, performances and socially engaging practices and events to take place. She has collaborated extensively with artists, scientists, activists, experts and practitioners from different fields & backgrounds and with various experimental art collectives eg. Voukkoset, Proimpro, 3rd Side´Specific, Maus&Orlovski, Immediate Theatre, TransFluxCollective.
Recent selected art works & collaborations
- *2010 GIANTS OF THE HOODS -Urban Intervention&Socially Engageing Guerilla Performance. http://www.giantsofthehoods.com /Media Facades Festival 2010 Helsinki & Liverpool http://www.mediafacades.eu/
- *2010 CHRONOPOLITICS -III Memo of Time (dir Tuija Kokkonen) http://www.chronopoliticsmemoperformance.fi
- *WATERFLEACIRCUS -Multi-diciplinary Performance in collaboration with Finnish Bioart Society. http://waterfleacircus.wordpress.com/water-flea-circus /Art Museum of Joensuu, Finland.
- *2009 CLOUD COMMITTEE (live video by Sini Haapalinna) Collaboration with director, writer Tuija Kokkonen & art historian, researcher, Dr Hanna Johansson / CARPA -Colloquium of Artistic Research in Performing Arts, Theatre Academy, FI
- *2009 KALEIDOSCOPOPSPECTACLE – Live Cinematic Trans Flux, solo.
The Centre for Practice as Research in Theatre, Tampere,FIN /Cable Factory, Club evening organized by Museum of Photography, Helsinki /Lived Spaces -Perfomance Art Event -Museum of Contamporary Photography, Fin /Kinos 09, I love my city, Lahti, FIN /Sans Souci Festival of Video Dance, Boulder, Colorado, USA /0dB Sonic&Live Art Event.The Centre for Practice as Research in Theatre, FIN /Art Contact. -Live and Performance Art Event. Cable Factory, Helsinki, FIN /State of Woman-Exhibition&Event. Contemporary Art Museum,Kemi,FIN /7a11d International Performance art Festival, Toronto, CAN
- *2009 UNI_Q -Generative Multimedia Installation and Collective Net Radio, /Project of Social Choreography and Dreaming in collaboration with SteaveValk and Z-Score, Side Step festival, Zodiak, Helsinki, FIN
- *2008 TRACES OF TINY PLANETS, collaborative live installation with ImmediateTheatre:ArtSpace, Raleigh, NC, USA
- *2008 PERFORMANCE WITH AN OCEAN VIEW (for a dog / with a dog) http://www.tuijakokkonen.fi/?page=13, Dir Tuija Kokkonen,in collaboration with Contemporary Art Museum Kiasma, Fin
2010 MUU ry (Artist´s association) -Member
2009 Finnish Bio Art Society -Member of the Board
2010 Art Council of Finland / media arts, 3000e
2010 Arts Council of Finland / 1 year grant for working 2010